What is considered a heavy-duty truck?
Driving down the roads of Riverside County, CA, San Bernardino County, CA, Orange County, CA, Los Angeles County, CA, and Imperial County, CA, you have likely seen many heavy-duty trucks driving alongside you. Any vehicle that weighs more than 26,001 pounds is considered a heavy-duty truck. Some examples of heavy-duty trucks include mobile cranes, city transit buses, tractors designed to pull trailers, refuse trucks, cement mixers, and dry vans. Heavy-duty trucks are generally divided into three categories:
- Class 7: 26,001 to 33,000 pounds (ex. garbage collection vehicles, livestock transports)
- Class 8: 33,001 pounds or heavier (ex. 18-wheelers, sleeper cabs, dump trucks, tractor-trailers)
- Class 9: Vehicles that weigh more than 60,000 pounds (super heavy/special duty truck)
Many heavy-duty trucks have large engines that run on diesel as well as have enhanced transmissions because these trucks are designed to tow large loads. Heavy-duty trucks are also seen on job sites, where they are required to carry large construction materials. They have a towing capacity of over 20,000 pounds and offer payload capacities of over 6,500 pounds - enough to haul pretty much anything that can fit in the truck's bed.
What are some good heavy-duty trucks to buy?
If you are in San Bernardino and are a fan of outdoor adventures and road trips, you would probably benefit from owning a heavy duty truck. Most truck makes, including Ford, Super Duty, Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, GMC Sierra Heavy Duty and Dodge Ram 2500 have some heavy duty trucks in their vehicle lineups. Some heavy duty trucks that have proven to be popular and effective are:
- Ford Super Duty F 350: This heavy duty pickup truck comes with very impressive towing and handling capabilities, a wide range of features and safety, trailering technology, a PowerStroke diesel engine that creates 1,050 feet of torque, and a refined and quiet interior that has plenty of space. If your Ford Super Duty F 350 ever needs Maintenance Diagnostic, brake repair or anything else, you can bring it to Direct Truck & Auto Repair in San Bernardino and we will take care of your vehicle, bumper to bumper.
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: The Chevy Silverado 2500 comes with a hefty towing capacity and has upmarket luxury trims. Its handling remains poised even when driving on rough roads and comes with a host of convenient features. When your vehicle needs transmission repair or Electrical Diagnostic, our Reliable technicians at Direct Truck & Auto Repair can perform these services skillfully and efficiently.
Your Reliable Shop for Heavy Duty Truck Repair
If something is wrong with your truck and/or several of your dashboard lights turns on, do not hesitate to bring your truck right into Direct Truck & Auto Repair in San Bernardino today. Our highly skilled service technicians and owners Darrin and Josephine Carlson recognize the source of your truck problems and use the most up to date tools as well as modern technology to quickly evaluate the trouble with your truck. We have decades of combined experience and have a dedication to customer service. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
Do not disregard any problems with your truck, bring it to our experts at Direct Truck & Auto Repair in San Bernardino, CA. Arrange a visit with us online or give us a phone call at 909-746-0188. Direct Truck & Auto Repair: Where you can count on reliable, expert service every time.